I am using your theme to sell coffee.
What I need to do is for every product have options available in terms of the product, i.e Filter Ground, Espresso Ground, Plunger Ground, Beans….
I have tried to make use of product variations through taxonomy but have not been able to get it right.
• I create the terms in taxonomy,
• create a field in the content type “Product”
• but when I want to manage the Display, the Format options does not allow for a dropdown box.
• My only options are: Link ; Plain text; RSS category; Rendered taxonomy term; Separated; Hidden
• I would like a dropdown box to be available….?
The other option I tried was to not use taxonomy & rather use a List (text) field in the Product type
• I create the field & use the List (text) option as the Field type
• I specify the options available
• I am forced to make a selection when editing the content or else the dropdown does not appear once saved
• And despite the dropdown then appearing, it only displays the option I had to select.
• Hence a client can not make use of the dropdown as it does not display any options.